LocationThe VU Campus is situated in the southern part of Amsterdam, at a point where motorways and public transport facilities converge. It can be easily reached both by car and public transport: it is situated next to the A10 (the belt highway around Amsterdam) and can be reached in a 7 minutes walk from the railway station Amsterdam WTC. The express tram takes 20 minutes to bring you from the VU Campus to the very centre of Amsterdam. The international airport is only 10 kilometers away.
Map of Amsterdam
Map of the Vrije Universiteit
- From Centraal Station
- express tram 51 (16 minutes), in the underground station
- tram 5 (25 minutes), on the station square alight: at the VU tram stop
- underground 50 (15 minutes) alight: at the Station Zuid/WTC stop; change: follow directions given under 'from Station Zuid/WTC'
- underground 50 (12 minutes) alight: at the Amstelveenseweg stop; from this stop it is a 7-minute walk to the VU
- bus 19 (18 minutes) alight: at the Osdorpplein tram stop, change to bus 23 direction Station Zuid/WTC,
alight: at De Boelelaan in front of the VU Main Building
- bus 15 (25 minutes) alight: at the Amstelstation stop; change to express tram 51 (10 minutes) - in the station
alight: at the VU tram stop
- express tram 51 (10 minutes), inside the station, alight: at the VU tram stop
- bus 69 or 169 (24 minutes), alight: at De Boelelaan in front of the VU Main Building
- express tram 51 (1 minute), alight: at the VU tram stop
- tram 5 (1 minute), alight: at the VU tram stop
- bus 23 (3 minutes), alight: at De Boelelaan in front of the VU Main Building
- bus 63 (3 minutes), alight: at Buitenveldertselaan VU Main Building
- It is a 10 minute walk to the VU from Station Zuid/WTC
- underground 50 (9 minutes), alight: at the Station Zuid/WTC; change: follow directions given under 'from Station Zuid/WTC'
- underground 54 (9 minutes), change at Spaklerweg to express tram 51; alight: at the VU tram stop.
- change to train to Station Zuid/WTC (7 minutes); change: follow directions given under 'from Station Zuid/WTC'
Alight: at Amstelveenseweg near the VU Hospital building
Passengers coming from Zaandam are advised to take the train to Amsterdam-Sloterdijk; for further information please see 'from Sloterdijk Station'.
Passengers coming from Amstelveen can also take tram 5 or the express tram 51 directly to the VU.
There is a limited amount of paid parking space around the VU itself in De Boelelaan, A.J. Ernstraat, van Boechorststraat and also in Gustaf Mahlerlaan. There is paid parking on the VU parking lot to the right of the Hospital Outpatient Clinic. There is even more parking space on the east side of Buitenveldertselaan at the junction with Willem van Weldammelaan, within 5 minutes walking distance of the VU. A number of parking places for the handicapped are reserved in front of the VU Main Building and within its grounds.
from Station Zuid/WTC').
tram 5 or express tram 51 (7 minutes), alight at the
from there it is a 6-minute walk to the Hospitium: take the stairs
turn left and follow the curve in the road. Turn left into the
residential area, the Hospitium is on your right.